AccuTrak VPE Ultrasonic Leak Detector Kit with Contact Probe
Find the Kit for you with the table below
Superior Signal Company is proud to announce the latest version of our most popular ultrasonic leak detector – the 3rd generation AccuTrak VPE. Featuring ALL-NEW internal circuitry, the improved AccuTrak VPE stands out above all other ultrasonic leak detectors in its class. With even greater sensitivity and a number of new features unique to the VPE, no competitive ultrasonic leak detectors even come close.
The Patented Superior AccuTrak VPE Ultrasonic Leak Detector is a state-of-the-art, non-invasive, ultrasonic leak detector that can detect both pressure and vacuum leaks of ANY GAS. The AccuTrak VPE is ideal for pinpointing leaks in air conditioning, refrigeration, automotive and other systems. AccuTrak Ultrasonic Leak Detectors are extremely sensitive to the ultrasonic sound of a turbulent gas leak. Using a technology called "heterodyning" they translate ultrasound to a lower frequency which your ear can interpret. AccuTrak Ultrasonic Leak Detectors maintain the original sound characteristics of the ultrasound making it possible to distinguish leaks from other competing background sounds. AccuTrak Instruments are so sensitive you can actually hear the blink of an eye, yet most background noise will not interfere with detection accuracy.
Applications & Features:
- Gas Leak Detection: Air, Refrigerant, Vacuum, ANY GAS!
- Valves: Detect/hear internal leakage in check, ball, needle, gate or any type of valve! Diagnose thermal expansion valves in just five minutes!
- Bearing Wear: Hear wear and lubrication problems before damage is done!
- Audio Output: 0 Hz to 4 kHz natural sound conversion allows you to hear the leak, and distinguish leaks from mechanical or other background ultrasound.
- Visual Output: 10 element bar graph provides quick and intuitive visual indication to presence of and relative strength of ultrasound.
- Adjustable Sensitivity: allows operator to quickly identify leaks from a distance, and then zero in on the exact location of the leak.
NEW! 3rd Generation VPE Features
- 20% Greater Sensitivity – our all-new 3rd generation digital circuitry is clearer and quieter, allowing you to detect smaller leaks and faults faster than ever before. The VPE already had the best sensitivity in the industry – and now it’s even better.
- Peak Hold Display – the new Peak Hold function on the display allows you to find leaks and faults faster and better, so you get the job done quicker and easier. This great feature can be found on instruments costing several times more – but it is unique for this class of instrument.
- Over Range Audio Alarm – this unique new feature allows you to keep your eyes on what you are measuring rather than on your instrument display, and still know that you have exceeded the range setting and need to adjust the sensitivity for optimum performance. Again, this gets your job done quicker, easier, and safer.
- Improved Battery Life – up to 200 hours of operation on a single standard 9-Volt battery.
- More Rugged Designd Design – internal components have been redesigned to make the leak detector more shock resistant, resulting in an even more reliable design.
VPE Ultrasonic Leak Detector Capabilities
- Capable of detecting a 5 psi leak out of a 0.005" (5/1000 inch) hole, 20 to 30 feet away depending on background noise.
- Easily detects any gas that generates ultrasonic sound during flow – including vacuum leaks.
- Capable of detecting leaks equivalent to 1.5 oz/year of Refrigerant.
- Works equally well for compressed air or nitrogen.
- Not affected by wind or high concentrations of leaked gas or refrigerant.
Advantages versus Sniffers
- AccuTrak VPE is a much more accurate and reliable instrument for detecting single and multiple leaks.
- AccuTrak VPE can detect any type of refrigerant gas including nitrogen.
- AccuTrak VPE detects both vacuum and pressure leaks.
- AccuTrak VPE is effective in gas saturated areas and under windy conditions.
- AccuTrak VPE does not require the introduction of tracer gases into the system, which can be ozone depleting when vented, and can also be harmful to ones health.
- AccuTrak VPE is battery powered for cordless operation
VPE Versus Other Ultrasonic Leak Detectors
- AccuTrak VPE is #1 in technology. We wrote the book on ultrasonic leak detection, our patented instruments lead the industry!
- AccuTrak VPE is the original! it is not a copy.
- AccuTrak VPE is the most durable unit available, with the best warranty. The face of the unit is sealed with no pin holes/speakers for foreign objects to enter.
- AccuTrak VPE has more dynamic range, and wont overload in loud areas.
- AccuTrak VPE gives true audio sound reproduction instead of the "beeps and squeals" of other instruments.
Kits for Every Application Whether you only need the basic functions of the VPE or you plan to take full advantage of the instrument's diverse capabilities, we have a kit that will meet your needs! Use the comparison table below to go directly to the kit that best suits you.
|VPE Leak Detector Kits||Basic||Standard||Professional||Plus||Pro-Plus|
|Product Page||VPE BASIC||VPE||VPE PRO||VPE PLUS||VPE PRO-PLUS|
|VPE Leak Detector||X||X||X||X||X|
|Noise Blocking Headphones||X||X|
|Large Hard Case||X||X|
|Canvas Belt Pack||X||X||X|
|AccuTrak VPE Specifications|
|Airborne Sensor Sensitivity:||-80db/V-µbar|
|Detection Performance:||1.5oz/yr Refrigerant|
|Ultrasound Converter type:||Heterodyne|
|Airborn Frequency response:||36kHz-42kHz|
|Sensitivity Control:||Continually Variable Slide|
|Output, Audio:||0Hz to 4kHz|
|Output, Visual:||10 Element Bar Graph|
|Battery Type:||Std. 9 Volt Alkaline|
|Run Time:||80-120 hrs|
|Dimensions:||4.15" (10.5cm) x 2.4" (61mm) x .875" (22.2mm)|
|Weight:||0.3lb (138gr) Includes Battery|
|Body Materials:||Blue ABS|
- (1) Model VPE Detector
- (1) Stereo Head Set
- (1) Stainless Steel Contact Probe
- (1) Hard Carrying Case w/ custom foam inserts
- (1) Alkaline Battery
- (1) User's Manual