If you read nothing else but this......
A proper and quick evacuation requires the right hoses, connectors, assembly lube, core tools and a quality micron gauge. The problem is none of these components are available in a single kit from a single manufacturer until now. We went back to the basics, if you cannot buy it build it, so that is exactly what we did. The TTT evacuation rig contains all of he hard to find components required to evacuate systems in record times plus specialty plugs and fittings to keep things clean and easily adapt them to any vacuum pump.
How do you make a great evacuation rig?
- Eliminate as many fittings as possible.
- Pull vacuum cores during evacuation
- Use large diameter hoses for evacuation and evacuate from both sides of the system
- Make sure all components are vacuum rated, tight and properly assembled.
- Have provisions to isolate the evacuation rig for pressure rise testing.
- Keep everything clean dry and tight.
NEVER evacuate through a charging manifold! Even if it has a 3/8" evacuation port! One of the poorest practices you can have when evacuating is pulling through a charging manifold, second only to using 1/4" hoses. Put them together and you are adding hours to your job every day. Manifolds and hoses leak. Not only do they leak, they create unneeded restrictions and offer no valve to the evacuation process. In case you are wondering, having a micron gauge in the manifold is just plan a bad idea.
Does "vacuum rated" make a difference?
Absolutely! When evacuating a system, leaks are the enemy. Even the smallest leak in a refrigeration system or the evacuation rig can cause hours of frustration. Every try to suck soda through a cracked straw? Why does the soda not come out of the cup? Simple, the vacuum will break and pull in air where ever there is a leak. If that leak is in your core tools, hoses or manifold you can bet for sure you are not pulling the air and moisture from the system.The core tools and all of the hoses in this kit are vacuum rated and vacuum certified down to 20 microns!
What are the components used for?
- Core Tools: Valve cores create a very large restriction when present in a refrigeration system to proper evacuation. Removal of the valve cores significantly decreases the time required for evacuation. Appion core tools are vacuum rated at 20 microns and have a side access port for installation of the micron gauge.
- BluVac Micron Gauge, fast and accurate.
- MegaFlow Hoses: Appion 1/2" diameter vacuum rated hoses are low gas permeability and very flexible. We found the 6' length was a good compromise between convenience and speed.
- Nylog for a leak free assembly
- Brass vacuum gauge adapter to isolate all hoses from the system during pressure testing
- Plugs and Caps to protect o-rings and seals from dirt and other contamination
Appion TEZ8 Vacuum Pump
|Free Air Displacement:||8 cfm (227 l/min)|
|Ultimate Vacuum:||<20 Microns|
|Inlet Port Fittings:||1/4, 3/8 (x2), 1/2 inch Flare|
|Power:||115 VAC, 60 Hz, 10 Amps|
BluVac Professional Plus Digital Vaccuum Gauge
|Range:||0 – 25,000 Microns (3333.1 Pa, 33.331 mBar, 25,000 mTorr, 25.000 mmHg, 0.48341 PSI, -28.037 inHg)|
|Vacuum Accuracy:||5% of Reading +/- 5 Microns|
|Vacuum Resolution:||0.1 Micron (@ 0.0 to 9999.9 Microns)|
|Temperature Accuracy:||0.2°F (0.1°C)|
|Power:||9V Alkaline Battery (9V Lithium recommended for low temperature operation)|
|Battery Life:||Up to 300 Hours|
|Operating Temperature:||10°F – 122°F (-12°C – 50°C)|
|Vacuum Port Fitting:||1/4" Male Flare – Nickel Plated for Durability with Dust Cap|
|Maximum Overpressure:||500 PSI|
|Weight:||6 oz. (170g) including Battery and Swivel Hook|
|Dimensions:||3.5” x 3” x 1.25” (9cm x 7.5cm x 3cm)|
- (1) Appion TEZ8 Two Stage Vacuum Pump
- (1)Appion TEZOM Micron-Dry Oil (3 Pack)
- (1)BluVac Professional Plus Digital Vacuum Gauge with Coupler
- (2) Appion MegaFlow 6-Foot 1/2" Dia. 3/8"FL to 1/4"FL Black Hoses
- (2) Appion MGAVCT 1/4" Standard Vacuum-Rated Valve Core Removal Tool
- (2)Nylog Red Sealant
- (2)Nylog Blue Sealant
- (2) 3/8" Brass Plugs
- (2) 1/4" Brass Plugs
Software / App