Fieldpiece TC24 Pipe-Clamp Thermocouple 3/8" to 1 3/8" for Air Conditioning
The TC24, K-type, pipe clamp thermocouple is used to take temperatures of pipes or any other cylindrical surface within its 3/8” to 1 3/8” jaw range. Using a pipe clamp thermocouple greatly facilitates taking superheat or subcooling measurements. Use the TC24 for most A/C units. The TC24 can be used with any of our meters that measure temperature and any thermometer accepting a K-type thermocouple.
The sensor is virtually isolated from ambient conditions, allowing the thermocouple to read the true pipe temperature for as long as it is attached. The sensor’s large surface area and increased clamping force help the sensor reach the correct temperature within 30 seconds. Because the jaw is designed for HVAC/R, its clamping ability lets you measure temperatures of pipes that are fixed, at any angle, to walls or other surfaces.
- TC24 jaw range: 3/8” to 1 3/8” pipe diameter (outside diameter)
- Accuracy: +/- 4ºF (2°C) ; ±1°F (0.5°C) after field calibration, 32 to 176ºF (0 to 80°C)
- Temperature range: -50 to 257ºF (-46 to 125°C)
- Thermocouple conductors: K-type nickel chromium/nickel aluminum.
- Probe insulation and clamp material: Calibration and atmosphere will affect maximum useful temperature in applications. The wire insulation and clamp material are designed to withstand a maximum continuous use at 257°F (125°C).
- Plug: K-type thermocouple male mini plug.
- Typical stabilization time: less than 30 seconds.
- 6 feet
Software / App