Minneapolis Duct Blaster® System with DG-1000
Need to test your ducts for leakage? Use the original Minneapolis Duct Blaster for quick easy and accurate results. Performance testing of HVAC duct systems is now required across a large part of the country as duct leakage accounts for significant energy losses, comfort and IAQ problems. Identify and quantify these problems quickly and easily by connecting the Minneapolis Duct Blaster to a central return or the air handler cabinet, tape off or cover the remaining register or grills and use the Duct Blaster to measure leakage or air tightness by either pressurizing or depressurizing the entire duct system. Airflow through the fan is measured by pressure drop with a high accuracy DG1000 manometer.
Duct air-tightness measurements are used to diagnose and demonstrate leakage problems, estimate efficiency losses from duct leakage, and certify compliance with duct leakage standards such as California's Title 24 Building Energy Efficiency Standards.
Minneapolis Duct Blaster
- The lightweight Duct Blaster fan weighs just 7 pounds, but delivers enough air flow (an amazing 1,500 CFM) to test the leakiest duct systems.
- Quick and accurate air-tightness measurements from 20 - 1,500 CFM.
- Compatible for both pressurization and depressurization testing.
- The Duct Blaster can be easily used in new construction applications where a Blower Door can't be used (e.g. before sheet rock is installed).
- The Duct Blaster can also be used as a powered flow hood to accurately measure air flows through the air handler fan, registers and grilles, and exhaust fans.
- Includes DG1000, high accuracy digital manometer and necessary hoses to connect system
- Variable fan speed control (solid state).
- Padded nylon carrying case with shoulder strap.
- 2 Year Manufacturer's Warranty.
New for the DG-1000
- All DG-1000 have a 4-year calibration cycle
- All new DG-1000 (since Nov 21) have a USB-C port (for charging and communication) replacing the barrel jack charger and Micro-USB port
- With firmware upgrade DG-1000 can be a stand-alone pressure logger
- Download the New Auto Wind Test App
TECBLAST Ver. 1.2
- Designed specifically for use with Minneapolis Duct Blaster systems.
- Easy entry of all test settings and building information.
- Calculation and display of duct airtightness test results including leakage rate in CFM, leakage area in square inches, leakage as a percent of system airflow, and estimated annual system efficiency loss from the measured duct leakage rate.
- Choice of report formats including a simple easy-to-read homeowner report, or a detailed technical report.
- TECBLAST lets you print your company logo directly on the reports. Uses either BMP or EMF files.
- Program Help screens make TECBLAST extremely user friendly.
- Compatible with all Windows computers.
TECBLAST Ver. 1.2 helps you sell profitable duct testing and repair services by quickly analyzing duct airtightness test results. TECBLAST's user friendly entry screens and choice of professional looking reports makes it simple and fast to document and present test results to your customers. TECBLAST is designed specifically for use with the Minneapolis Duct Blaster system. For those with laptop computers, this useful program can be brought right to the jobsite.
The 30 Day Demo version of TECBLAST Ver. 1.2 is provided here in a self-extracting file format. Download the file to a folder of your choice and run it. The program will self-extract and prompt you through the installation process. TECBLAST Ver. 1.2 Demo is a 32 bit program that is compatible with all Windows computers.
Approved by the California Energy Commission (CEC) for use in as an Airflow Measurement Device for HVAC Forced Air Systems per the 2016 Building Energy Efficiency Standards (Title 24, Part6) Section 100.0(h) and Reference Residential Appendices Section RA3.3. Click Here for details.
|No. of Independent Pressure Channels||Two|
|Pressure Range||-2,500 to +2,500 Pascals (-10 to +10 inches of water)|
|Display Resolution||0.1 Pa for readings 0 - 999.9 Pa |
1 Pa for readings 1000 Pa and larger
|Accuracy at Typical Use Conditions*/**||0.9% of pressure reading or 0.12 Pa, whichever is greater|
|Units of Measure||Channel A - Pascals (Future addition - inches of water) |
Channel B - Pascals, CFM, CFM@75, CFM@50, CFM@25, ACH50, CFM@25/ft², CFM@25/100ft², CFM@50/ft², CFM@50/100ft², CFM@75/ft², CFM@75/100ft² (Future additions - inches of water and equivalent metric units)
|Auto-zero||On start up and then once every 10 seconds|
|Time Averaging||1, 5, 10 seconds and long-term (continuous update)|
|Operating Temperature Range***||42 degrees F to 115 degrees F (5.5 degrees C to 46 degrees C)|
|Storage Temperature Range||-4 degrees F to 140 degrees F (-20 degrees C to 60 degrees C)|
|Display||480 x 272 pixels, 3.75 x 2.125 inches, capacitive touch screen|
|Display Backlight||User adjustable (default 40%)|
|Power||Two 18650 Lithium Ion batteries with AC charger/power adapter included|
|Battery Life||Over 15 hours of continuous use with default settings |
13 hours of continuous use with default settings and wifi active
|Auto-Off||Adjustable from 10 minutes to 2 hours|
|Dimensions||7.0 x 4.2 x 1.4 inches|
*Typical Conditions are a temperature range of 54 to 90 degrees F, and a two year calibration interval.
**As Calibrated Accuracy is +/- (0.3% of reading + 0.05 Pa) under controlled conditions of 67 to 77 degrees F, four month calibration interval, and pressure readings averaged for 5 seconds. All gauges are verified to meet this specification at all calibration pressures.
***For use at temperature conditions outside the typical conditions in Note 1, or the as-calibrated range in Note 2, add an additional 0.037% of pressure reading per degree F over the stated range.
Series B Duct Blaster Fan
|Maximum Flow||1,500 CFM at free air (708 l/s, 2,548 m3/h) |
1,350 CFM at 50 Pa (637 l/s, 2,293 m3/h)
|With flex duct attached||1,100 CFM at free air (519 l/s, 1,869 m3/h) |
1,000 CFM at 50 pa (472 l/s, 1,700 m3/h)
|Minimum Flow||10 CFM with Ring 3 (5 l/s, 17 m3/h) |
2.4 CFM with Ring 4 (1.1 l/s, 4.0 m3/h)
|Fan Dimensions||10 in. (25 cm) inlet diameter, 7 in (17.8 cm) length|
|Weight||7 lbs. (3.18 kg), 8.5 lbs. (3.86 kg) with 3 flow rings|
|Flow Accuracy||+/- 3% with DG-700 or DG-1000|
|Calibration||Meets ASTM Standard E779, E1554, CGSB-149.10-M86, EN 3829, ATTMA Technical Standard 1, NFPA 2001, ASHRAE 152, RESNET and USACE|
|Power||110V or 220V|
- Duct Blaster fan with fan speed controller
- DG-1000 Digital Pressure and Flow Gauge
- Three flow rings (optional Ring 4)
- Twelve feet (3.7 m) of 10 in. (25 cm) diameter flex duct
- Sturdy nylon carrying case
- Static pressure probe
- Sample roll of Premium 8" DuctMask™ Temporary Register Sealing Tape
- Duct Blaster training video and manual software
Software / App
Download the TEC Gauge App for your Android or iOS devices!
TEC Gauge is a free mobile app that provides wireless control and display of DG-1000, DG-700 and DG-500 Pressure and Flow Gauges. TEC Gauge’s capture feature lets you store and share readings from your gauge.
This app connects to the gauge through a WiFi network (DG-700 and DG-500 gauges require a TEC WiFi Link).
Features Easy to use cruise control for the blower door fan and Duct Blaster fan. Baseline feature for airtightness evaluation. Displays airflow values for all TEC devices.
Capture feature allows for storage and sharing of readings from the TEC gauge. Captured readings can be labeled, sorted and sharing using file sharing apps on the mobile device. Capture readings can be shared in either text or xml formats.