Supco FBP100 Fan Blade Puller
Key Features & Benefits
- 5/8" steel center shaft
- 4 pull fingers
- Alignment tool included
- Fine thread version provides additional torque and pulling power
- Has flats for wrench
- Sturdy, heavy duty steel
Fan-Blade Puller Directions from Supco
Priming the motor shaft: Remove all set screws and brackets retaining the fan blade or blower wheel to the motor shaft. Clean with a sand cloth and a lubricating oil, such as WD40. Smooth any imperfections on the puller shaft. Use a center punch to place an indentation in the end of the motor shaft to increase the precision of the puller on the motor shaft.
Please note: The puller shaft must not rest against the fan or blower hub. To ensure that the unit is properly aligned, check that the puller is correctly seated against the motor shaft.The unit will not work unless it is correctly aligned.
Blower wheel and protruding hub fan blade removal:
- Lodge the end of the motor blower shaft into the thin end of the plastic centering sleeve.
- It is critical that the top of the puller is placed over the center of the blower wheel and the puller shaft is implanted into the wide end of the centering sleeve. Unless the puller is aligned with the blower motor shaft, it will simply pull against itself.
- Tighten the four grasping bolts securely so that they latch on to the blower wheel hub.
- Use two wrenches to turn the puller shaft. Turn the shaft with one wrench and use the second to secure the bar across the top of the puller, preventing the puller from turning and pushing the motor shaft through and away from the blower, the blower will be pulled off the shaft.
Non-protruding hub fan blade removal:
- Follow directions for removal of protruding hub fan blade above, except for tightening the four grasping bolts. Instead, find the four fingers. Place each of the four fingers' hooked ends around the backside of the fan blade hub. Place the other ends of the fingers each into one of the four 1/2" finger holes on the puller body, located1/3 of the way up the puller body, so that the fingers reach around and grasp the back of the fan blade hub from the puller body.
- Use two wrenches to turn the puller shaft. Turn the shaft with one wrench and use the second to secure the bar across the top of the puller, preventing the puller from turning and pushing the motor shaft through and away from the blower, the fan blade will be pulled off the shaft.
- (1) Fan Blade Puller
- (4) Pull fingers
- (4) Bolts
- (1) Alignment Tool
- (1) Hex key
Software / App