Testo 420 Flow Hood Kit
now Compliant with the California Energy Commission
Without NIST Traceable Calibration Certificate
An all new rugged, flow hood/balometer that is accurate, lightweight and comes complete with BlueTooth integration to your smart device!
California has among the strictest regulations in the country regarding energy and environmental impact. In order for instruments to meet compliance, precise specifications need to be met. The new testo 420 Flow Hood with Bluetooth and flow straightener has met these specifications and is now CEC compliant.
The 420 Flow Hood is a light, precise and convenient solution for measuring volume flows at supplies and returns and can be trusted for its accuracy. Handling is especially easy with the low weight of less than 6.2 lbs. and ergonomic handles.
- This uniquely designed capture hood has a built in flow straightener to greatly improve accuracy with non-laminar flow (frankly, most flow is non-laminar!), saving you time and headaches all day, every day. The volume flow straightener converts flow coming into the hood in to a virtually uniform air flow which results in very accurate measurements.
- Tilting display for great view-ability.
- Built in BlueTooth allows you to connect to mobile devices, which can be used to repeat the display or for the world's first remote control capability!
- The App can then be utilized to finalize your work and send measurement reports before you leave the site!
- Click the Options tab above for an optional tripod that is great for repetitive work; really easing the burden when testing multiple grills on high ceilings
Approved by the California Energy Commission (CEC) for use in as an Airflow Measurement Device for HVAC Forced Air Systems per the 2016 Building Energy Efficiency Standards (Title 24, Part6) Section 100.0(h) and Reference Residential Appendices Section RA3.3. Click Here for details.
|Temperature - NTC|
|Measuring range||-4° to 158 °F|
|Accuracy||±0.9 °F (32° to 158 °F) |
±1.4 °F (-4° to 32 °F)
|Humidity - Capacitive|
|Measuring range||0 to 100 %rF|
|Accuracy||±1.8 %RH + +3 % of measured value at +77 °F (5 to 80 %RH)|
|Differential Pressure - Piezoresistive|
|Measuring range||0 to 0.48 Inches water (0 to 120 Pa)|
|Accuracy||±2 % of measured value + 0.0002 IWC (+ 0.05 Pa)|
|Resolution||0.001 Inches water (0.001 Pa)|
|Measuring range||23 to 2354 CFM (40 to 4000 m3/h)|
|Accuracy||±3 % of mv + 12 m3/h at +72 °F 1013 hPa (85 to 3500 m3/h)|
|Resolution||1 CFM (1 m3/hr)|
|General technical data|
|Battery life||30 hr|
|Dimensions||24 x 24 in. (Standard hood)|
|Display||with back light|
|Operating temperature||23° to 140 °F|
|Storage temperature||-4° to 140 °F|
|Weight||6.4 lb. (2.9 kg)|
- (1) Testo 420 air flow capture hood base with Bluetooth
- (1) 24" x 24" capture hood with flow straightener
- (1) USB cable
- (1) Batteries
- (1) Soft case with telescoping handle and wheels
Software / App
The measureQuick App supercharges a variety of BlueTooth smart tools with rich diagnostics, data logging and reporting capabilities. Now you can see intuitive visuals informing about each job, piece of equipment, or system all in one place!
Download the measureQuick App for your Android or iOS devices