For sale in North America ONLY
Airthinx Smart Indoor Air Quality Meter
NOTE: User MUST acquire data / service plan to use the device- See Options Tab
What is Airthinx?
- An IOT Device: It is a combination of sensors for 9 IAQ parameters that reports data to a cloud dashboard or an app including OTA (over the air) firmware updates.
- Connected: Offering true mobility, it transmits data over a built in 3G/4G cell modem so it is a breeze to set up - no worries about connecting to a client's Wi-Fi network. Although Wi-Fi connection is available.
- A Logger: If it loses cellular connection it will continue to log data on board for up to 30 days
- Worry-Free: The monthly or annual subscription plan gives you the cellular connection, calibration as required plus lifetime sensor replacement! Purchaser must chose the plan, see options tab.
- Developer Friendly: Its API connects to almost anything, SAP, Nest and more.
- Aware of where it is: On board GPS reports the location of the sensor data
- Accurate: Sensors are accurate within 2-5% of reading, accuracy & precision similar to industry reference instruments
- Multi-faceted: For example, the VOC sensors can even detect the presence of vaping in rooms.
- NOTE: To checkout (and use the product) you must choose to buy one year of service now, or agree contact AirThinx (email@example.com) to enroll in monthly billed service. See OPTIONS TAB above.
What does Airthinx monitor?
- PM 1
- PM 2.5
- PM 10
Dust, fungi, bacteria, pollen, & diesel exhaust are common examples of Particulate Matter. The smaller these particles are, the worse they are for your health, especially because they are invisible. The smallest of the Particulates, PM 1.0 lingers in the atmosphere for weeks at a time, is freely transported by air currents, and is most likely to cause an infection by the bacteria that is released from just a single cough or sneeze.
As more people occupy a space, carbon dioxide levels spike, increasing the likelihood of sleepiness, distraction, lethargy and affecting productivity, concentration, and work performance.
- tVOCs- Total Volatile Organic Compounds
TVOC’s, total volatile organic compounds, have been categorized as carcinogens by the EPA. There are up to 300 different VOC’s with emissions indoors now equal to what comes out of the tailpipe of your car. Spraying any type of cleaning agent will cause VOC’s to spike.
- CH2O - Formaldehyde
Formaldehyde is a naturally occurring organic compound with the formula CH2O (H-CHO). The dangerous gas is commonly emitted by wooden painted surfaces, fabrics, carpets, adhesives & glues in furniture, and building materials like pressed wood & particle board.
Optimal temperature conditions range between 68 and 74 degrees Fahrenheit. Anything over can result in mental fatigue causing diminished reaction times and delayed information processing.
- Barometric Pressure
Differences in barometric pressure can increase the flow of infectious particles. Certain rooms within a healthcare building or industrial space should be positively or negatively pressurized with respect to surrounding areas. Positively pressurized rooms are usually designed to protect a patient, cleaning supplies, or equipment within the room. Negative pressure is used to contain airborne contaminants within a room.
Exposure to hazardous conditions resulting from building decay, water damage, poor plumbing, and legacy pollutants are exacerbated by high levels of humidity. Spikes in humidity may result in mold growth on any substance which can happen within 48 hours of contact with a surface, triggering asthma, respiratory symptoms, irritation of the eyes, nose & mouth.
Software / App
Download the Airthinx app to get in-depth insights of your indoor air quality from your pocket
Don't sign up for an account in the app, wait for your Airthinx sign up email which will come ONLY after you pick a plan. If you pick the monthly subscription plan, purchaser will need to contact AirThinx DIRECTLY to begin using the device. Contact Daniel King (firstname.lastname@example.org).