Minneapolis Mini Blower Door with DG-1000
Small houses or houses built to the more stringent energy savings standards have very small amount of leakage through the building envelope. A standard Model 3 Blower Door can be a little too much power to measure at the very low levels of CFM of these types of houses. A Minneapolis Duct Blaster fan can be just the right size when regularly testing these energy efficient homes.
Another application for a Mini-Fan Blower Door System is individual apartment testing for multi-family buildings or when testing to LEED. The lightweight size of the door frame, panel and fan allows you to take the unit out of one apartment and place in the next apartment with minimal effort.
The Energy Conservatory has everything you need to use a Duct Blaster fan as a Blower Door. If you already have a Duct Blaster System, we can provide you with the kit that includes all of the parts necessary to make a Blower Door Kit. We also have a complete kit that includes the Duct Blaster fan and controller and the DG-1000 Pressure and Flow Gauge.
New for the DG-1000
- All DG-1000 have a 4-year calibration cycle
- All new DG-1000 (since Nov 21) have a USB-C port (for charging and communication) replacing the barrel jack charger and Micro-USB port
- With firmware upgrade DG-1000 can be a stand-alone pressure logger
- Download the New Auto Wind Test App
Minneapolis Duct Blaster Fan
- The lightweight Duct Blaster fan weighs just 7 pounds, but delivers enough air flow to test small homes or homes trying to achieve the highest airtightness testing standards.
- Quick and accurate airtightness measurements from 10 - 1,500 CFM.
- Compatible for both pressurization and depressurization testing.
- New Cruise Control feature will automatically control the speed of the Duct Blaster fan during testing.
- Both 110V and 220V models available.
- Padded nylon carrying case with shoulder strap.
- Our DG-1000 digital pressure and flow gauge is included with every Minneapolis Duct Blaster system.
- The DG-1000 gauge contains 2 precision pressure sensors which provide simultaneous display of both duct pressure and Duct Blaster fan flow readings, for the most accurate test results.
- The new Duct Blaster fan speed controller can be connected to the DG-1000's fan control jack for automated Cruise Control.
- Fan with variable speed controller and control cable
- Two flow rings (A and B) and No-flow plate
- DG-1000 Pressure and Flow Gauge (only (1) gauge needed for each fan)
- TECTITE™ Building Airtightness Testing Software
- 16-foot (5 meter) USB cable
- Fabric door panel with viewing window
- Five piece adjustable aluminum door frame and frame case
- Padded attaché case for gauge, manuals, tubing, speed controller and fabric panel, with room for a laptop computer and other documents
Software / App
Download the TEC Gauge App for your Android or iOS devices!
TEC Gauge is a free mobile app that provides wireless control and display of DG-1000, DG-700 and DG-500 Pressure and Flow Gauges. TEC Gauge’s capture feature lets you store and share readings from your gauge.
This app connects to the gauge through a WiFi network (DG-700 and DG-500 gauges require a TEC WiFi Link).
Features Easy to use cruise control for the blower door fan and Duct Blaster fan. Baseline feature for airtightness evaluation. Displays airflow values for all TEC devices.
Capture feature allows for storage and sharing of readings from the TEC gauge. Captured readings can be labeled, sorted and sharing using file sharing apps on the mobile device. Capture readings can be shared in either text or xml formats.